We’re pleased to announce the availability of QuickStart Cloud Installer (QCI) 1.1! This is the second release of QCI since its introduction on September 14, 2016.
Included with both Red Hat Cloud Suite and Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure entitlements, QCI is designed to simplify provisioning your private cloud infrastructure by orchestrating installation workflow across different products. Instead of installing each product in the suite separately, QCI provides an intuitive web-based graphical user interface for provisioning a fully functional cloud using any combination of components in Red Hat Cloud Suite or Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure.
High level benefits:
- Single, graphical interface providing a coherent user deployment experience across all products within the suite
- Automates obtaining product content based on what is being deployed
- Seamlessly orchestrates node provisioning and multi-product installation workflow
- Integrates with Red Hat’s Customer Portal for simplified subscription registration across environment
- Requires only minimal documentation and training to deploy environments
- Reduces overall deployment time and post configuration work from potentially days to mere hours
QCI 1.1 builds on the deployment capabilities already found in the 1.0 release and includes updated deployment support for the latest components including:
- Red Hat Satellite 6.2
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.0
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.4
- Red Hat CloudForms 4.1
In addition to numerous enhancements and fixes, QCI 1.1 also incorporated some notable new functionality aimed at further reducing installation time and extending support for more complex deployment scenarios:
- Red Hat Satellite Lazy Sync functionality, which allows users to utilize newly synced repositories for deployments while the content downloads in the background significantly improving QCI orchestrated deployment times
- QCI now deploys Red Hat Virtualization management engine and hypervisor nodes in parallel and leverages pre-built Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 images for virtual machines improving overall deployment
- High availability deployment configurations for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Multi-region CloudForms deployment support enabling provider registration for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat Virtualization
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform node registration with Red Hat Satellite for overcloud content management
If you would like to find out more about QuickStart Cloud Installer including how to get it, visit the Red Hat Cloud Suite product page for more details.
QCI is continually being improved based on the feedback we receive from our customers, partners, and field teams. Have a suggestion for improving QCI or a question? Feel free to reach out to the QCI team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.